I would like to know what I can do if my father has chronic kidney disease and he is in need of a transplant but since he is illegal, there is no way for him to receive a transplant. What would you recommend on doing?

I can only suggest that your father visit with a social worker that is assigned to your father.  I am not sure what you mean by your father being illegal, but if he in the country illegally, then it is difficult for him to access the needed insurance coverage from Medicare that it would take for him to pay for a kidney transplant.  This is a social service problem and there may not be a solution, but I would suggest consulting with a social worker to work through the issues surrounding your father and his care.

This entry was posted in Ask the Doctor, Insurance & Medicare Coverage, Transplantation. Bookmark the permalink.