Good day sir. I would like to ask about the condition of my mother. Lately, she has been experiencing pain in her lower right back. So she had her abdomen ultrasound and the result showed mild hydronephrosis, right with chronic pyelonephritis. Her urine was also cultured but strangely, her culture showed “no growth” . What does she need to do next sir? Can her condition still be cured ? Thank you very much.

I suggest that your mother consult with her physician about the results of the ultrasound test.  She may have a partial blockage of the kidney and may require referral and consultation with a urologist. I am unable to make a specific diagnosis based on the information that you present.  I suggest consultation with a urologist.

For more information on Hydronephrosis click here:

This entry was posted in Ask the Doctor, Hydronephrosis and Hydroureter, Kidney-Related Health Questions, Laboratory Testing, Treatments, Urological Issues. Bookmark the permalink.