Hi DR SPRY, Right now my wife is pregnant, fifth month is going on. A few days back we went for the routine checkup. During SONOGRAPHY, doctors had found HYDRONEPHROSIS in my little baby. We were completely shocked and it was measured by 6mm. So let me know what can we do?

The problem that you describe is a urological problem.  I am an adult nephrologist and do not see infants or children.  I suggest that you consult with a obstetrician and a pediatric urologist.  There are surgical procedures that can be done to correct some cases of hydronephrosis and obstruction, but I do not have any expertise in this area.



This entry was posted in Ask the Doctor, Hydronephrosis and Hydroureter, Kidney-Related Health Questions, Laboratory Testing, Nephrologist, Pediatric Issues, Pregnancy / Kids, Urological Issues. Bookmark the permalink.