My husband is sixty eight. He has high blood pressure and diabetes. Today his creatinine was 2.4. He weighs 97 kilos. He’s 5 foot 7. My question is: what is the next step we should take to find out his problem and seek treatment? We currently live overseas and the medical status here is very weak and not sufficient enough.

I suggest that your husband consult with a local nephrologist in your country and ask for evaluation of this kidney function with both blood and urine testing.  This should help to lead to a more specific diagnosis and this will suggest possible treatments.  Most countries in other parts of the world have nephrologists in order to seek a complete history and physical examination.  It is best to have a complete examination in order to get proper treatment.

This entry was posted in Ask the Doctor, Blood/Urine Testing For Kidney Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension/High Blood Pressure, Kidney-Related Health Questions, Laboratory Testing, Nephrologist. Bookmark the permalink.