I’m 32 yrs old. I felt pain in my left lower abdomen, and had blood in my urine. Recently, in my ultrasound found a tiny non-obstructing nephrolithiasis, bilateral, measuring .03 cm. Do I need a surgery or can medicine make my stone gone?

Kidney stones are treated by urologists.  I am a nephrologist and have no experience with the surgical management of kidney stones.  Small kidney stones can generally be managed with medical treatment but if pain and blood in the urine (hematuria) persist, then surgical management may be necessary.  I suggest that you consult with a urologist, who is a surgeon.

This entry was posted in Ask the Doctor, Kidney Stones. Bookmark the permalink.