When should you see a specialist ? I have been diagnosed with a 3 GFR. I also have severe pain on the sides of lower flanks of my back. The pain is intermediate.

I am unable to provide a specific diagnosis based on the information that you present.  I suggest consultation with your physician.  You may require further testing and a complete history and physical examination.

For more information on CKD click here:

This entry was posted in Ask the Doctor, Chronic Kidney Disease, Kidney-Related Health Questions, Laboratory Testing, Symptoms and Side Effects. Bookmark the permalink.