As I urinate, I’m losing more proteins than is normal. How can this be treated? I know it has to do with my kidney. Is this serious?

In most cases, the cause of protein loss into the urine (proteinuria) must be evaluated by a nephrologist.  It is often necessary to perform a kidney biopsy to get a specific cause of the proteinuria.  I suggest that you consult with a nephrologist to see if a kidney biopsy is warranted in your case.

This entry was posted in Ask the Doctor, Blood/Urine Testing For Kidney Disease, Chronic Kidney Disease, Kidney Biopsy, Kidney-Related Health Questions, Laboratory Testing, Nephrologist. Bookmark the permalink.