I have stage 4 CKD and I now need a drug that’s safe to take for controlling my heart beat. The Duke hospital put me on Amiodarone HEL, 200 mg. Just a week I started a red rash on my body and legs so I will have to stop the drug. What other drug is safe to use? Thank you for you time and attendance to this request.

I am not a cardiologist and cannot recommend drug treatment without performing a complete history and physical examination.  There are other drugs that can be used, but this would depend on why Amiodarone was used and the heart disease they are trying to treat.  The cardiologist may have to consult with your nephrologist about the proper dosing and use of other potential drugs.

For more information on CKD click here:

This entry was posted in Ask the Doctor, Blood/Urine Testing For Kidney Disease, Chronic Kidney Disease, GFR, Kidney-Related Health Questions, Laboratory Testing, Nephrologist, Treatments. Bookmark the permalink.