I was in a severe car accident in 2015, I have had tons of X-rays, MRI and CT scans done. The X-xrays show that I have a spot on my right kidney. I’m concerned about it but the doctor’s aren’t. I also have pain in that area and lower back. Do you think it might be a kidney stone?

I am unable to make a specific diagnosis without reviewing the X-rays and scans.  I suggest that you discuss your concerns with your physician and ask for an explanation of the “spot” on the studies.  The computerized tomogram (CT) scan should be the most sensitive scan for the detection of a kidney stone.

This entry was posted in Ask the Doctor, Kidney Stones, Kidney-Related Health Questions, Laboratory Testing. Bookmark the permalink.