Is there an experimental tube that can drain or help kidney urine flow from the inside? Or is the external drain tube the only one? Is there an internal drain tube which doesn’t require a bag that can relief pressure and drain urine from inside out?

I believe that you are asking about the use of internal ureteral stents (plastic tubes placed into the kidney from the bladder) versus percutaneous nephrostomy stents (plastic tubes inserted into the back from the outside and into the kidney to drain urine).  These are urological procedures.  The type of stent used depends on the situation and problem with the kidney and it’s drainage.  You should be consulting with a urologist for this information.  I am a nephrologist and have very little expertise in managing stents.

This entry was posted in Ask the Doctor, Kidney-Related Health Questions, Urological Issues. Bookmark the permalink.