I have multiple myeloma , I am 72 years old. The urine test came back anemia of chronic renal failure. My brother has had a kidney transplant and is doing very well. I’m assuming my doctor will send me to a kidney specialist.

Multiple myeloma is a common cause of chronic kidney disease (CKD).  If you have CKD, it is likely you will need to be seen by a nephrologist.  You should ask your primary care physician (PCP) to determine if you should be referred to a nephrologist for further evaluation.


This entry was posted in Ask the Doctor, Blood/Urine Testing For Kidney Disease, Chronic Kidney Disease, Kidney-Related Health Questions, Laboratory Testing, Nephrologist, Symptoms and Side Effects, Treatments. Bookmark the permalink.