My husband has hypertension not always controlled well with medication. He currently takes 200mg metoprolol and 40mg lisinopril daily. Control is extremely variable. Should be see a nephrologist to rule out renal hypertension?

His primary care physician (PCP) should be able to diagnose and treat his hypertension.  Nephrologist commonly see very resistant hypertension and consultation may be needed, but his PCP should be able to determine if consultation is necessary.


This entry was posted in Ask the Doctor, Chronic Kidney Disease, Hypertension/High Blood Pressure, Kidney-Related Health Questions, Laboratory Testing, Nephrologist. Bookmark the permalink.