My father is 60 years old. He has CKD problem last 2 years. We are continuously in touch of our family doctor, but his creatinine level getting increased slowly. Now his creatinine level is 5. So requesting you to kindly suggest us?

I am unable to provide a specific diagnosis based on the information that you provide.  Your father should be seeing a nephrologist for examination and recommendations about treatment of advanced kidney disease.  The nephrologist will evaluate your father, determine the cause of his chronic kidney disease (CKD) and then recommend proper treatment.


This entry was posted in Ask the Doctor, Blood/Urine Testing For Kidney Disease, Chronic Kidney Disease, Kidney Failure, Kidney-Related Health Questions, Laboratory Testing, Nephrologist, Symptoms and Side Effects, Treatments. Bookmark the permalink.