Had a CT Urogram which showed both ureters are dilated to the bladder which may relate to distal urethral stricture formation. Then had a Mag3 with Lasix Nuclear scan with no evidence of obstruction. My urologist wants to do a uroscopy to check for stones or tumor. Why would I need this procedure when the Nuclear scan shows nothing?

The question that you ask is a urological question.  I am a nephrologist and do not perform surgery or cystoscopy.  You should ask your urologist about this problem.  A urologist is a surgeon and deals with obstruction of the kidney and ureters.


This entry was posted in Ask the Doctor, Blood/Urine Testing For Kidney Disease, Chronic Kidney Disease, Kidney-Related Health Questions, Treatments, Urological Issues. Bookmark the permalink.