I have had uric acid kidney stones for over a year. I get them every month. They pass on their own. I go to the hospital for pain management if I have to. Recent blood test from hospital on June 10 showed chronic kidney disease stage 3. The creatine 1.33 gfr 46. CT tests showed multiple stones in left ureter. I am female 53 years old. Will I live long enough to see my 12 year old become an adult? My doctors never told me this. I never knew this could happen with just a year of stones. Could it go back to normal once stones pass?

Kidney stones are usually treated by a Urologist.  I am a Nephrologist and treat patients to prevent kidney stones.  I suggest that you consult with a Urologist and determine the best course of treatment for your existing stones.  You should also consult with your primary care physician (PCP) and determine if you need to see a Nephrologist. I am unable to give you an exact prognosis, but your PCP should be able to advise you about your current condition and treatments that are indicated.


This entry was posted in Ask the Doctor, Nephrologist, Urological Issues. Bookmark the permalink.