I have an anechoic cystic lesion on my right kidney measuring at 5.3cm x 4.1cm x 4.3 cm. Should I be concerned about this as my doctor only wants to monitor it?

Cysts of the kidney are most commonly evaluated by a radiologist or a urologist.  If this is a simple cyst and has been seen and evaluated with an ultrasound examination, the radiologist or the urologist can examine the findings and determine if it is a benign simple cyst or a more complex cyst that requires further follow up and monitoring. About 40% of people develop simple benign kidney cysts as they age. Your doctor may have already consulted with the radiologist to know that this cysts can just be monitored over time.

This entry was posted in Ask the Doctor, Blood/Urine Testing For Kidney Disease, Kidney Cysts, Kidney-Related Health Questions. Bookmark the permalink.