Sir, my mom is 40 year old. She is suffering from kidney disease. Doctors said that one kidney is not working so we need to operate. Please help me. I need your help to once examine her reports and suggest to me what should I do?? Thanks.

I am a nephrologist and I have no surgical expertise. I am unable to accept medical reports or offer medical advice without performing a complete history and physical examination. I suggest that you seek a second opinion for your mother from a urologist. A urologist is a surgeon and has expertise in surgery of the kidney.

For additional information about kidney disease, please visit our website at:

For more inforamation about one kidney, please visit our website at:

This entry was posted in Ask the Doctor, Chronic Kidney Disease, Kidney-Related Health Questions. Bookmark the permalink.