My father is 63 years old. He complains of gouty arthritis, serum uric acid is 6.6, normal renal functions. Does he need to get medications and what about Febuxostat? Thank you very much, sir.

Gout is usually a clinical diagnosis that requires an examination by your father’s physician. If he has gouty arthritis, then treatment with either Allopurinol or Febuxostat (Uloric) would be appropriate.

For additional information about gout, please visit our website at:

This entry was posted in Ask the Doctor, Gout, Kidney-Related Health Questions. Bookmark the permalink.