I’ve had several UTI’s since last June. I have frequent pain in my left flank, bladder and occasionally brown color urine. The Kaiser Permenente doctor has run tests and can’t find any abnormal results. I sometimes have confusion and nausea, with the flank pain and brown urine. What other tests can the doctor order? Do I need a specialist?

I suggest that you have a urine culture that includes bacterial identification and antibiotic sensitivity. If this testing is inconclusive, then consultation with a urologist may be appropriate.

This entry was posted in Ask the Doctor, Blood/Urine Testing For Kidney Disease, Kidney-Related Health Questions. Bookmark the permalink.